mips Surface Inspection
Reliable inspection of reflective and shiny surfaces
Manufacturers in many branches of industry are demanding ever-higher standards of surface quality and appearance. That's because their customers require absolutely blemish-free products, especially when it comes to shiny or reflective surfaces.
The mips surface inspection system
Our surface inspection solutions are customised, high-end image processing systems directly integrated into production plants. They reliably detect even the smallest surface faults such as scratches, pores, indentations and grinding or polishing flaws.
Based on the deflectometry technique, the system uses a stripe pattern reflected from the measured object for inspection. Surface defects cause deviations in the stripe pattern recorded by cameras. The cameras record images that show local and global irregularities in surface angle and reflectivity.
mips surface inspection delivers a documented 100% surface inspection as well as a reliable evaluation for control of the production plant. It reliably detects surface irregularities and distinguishes between permitted deviations and defects according to their intensity.
- Lateral resolution better than 50 µm possible
- Variable measuring area size, also suitable for large measured objects
- Reliable inspection of reflective and shiny surfaces
- High-resolution defect detection on surfaces of various sizes
- Detection of the smallest defects and deviations
- Constant, reproducible detection rate
- Proven technology for integration into the production line
- Inspection of touchscreens for tablets or smartphones
- Defect detection on attachment and interior parts in the automotive industry
- Inspection of optically high-end bathroom fittings
- Inspection of shiny surfaces in consumer electronics
- Defect detection on coated surfaces of high-quality consumer goods and appliances